Green home loans offer Kiwis finance to make eco-friendly or energy-efficient upgrades to their homes.
With the arrival of green home loans at most major banks you may be able to access an interest-free or reduced-interest lump sum to cover the installation cost of your double glazing.
Banks offering green home loans for double-glazing
|Bank||Maximum loan||Set-up fee||Interest rate||Term|
|BNZ||$80,000||$100 – $150||1%||3 years|
|ASB||$80,000||$99 (may apply)||1%||3 years|
|Kiwibank||Loan not available for double-glazing|
Get in touch with your bank to ask how they can help.
The green home loan small print
- To be eligible banks need you to already be a home loan customer.
- Some banks need you to have at least a minimum amount of equity in your home (usually 20%).
- An increased interest rate usually applies outside of the agreed term of the loan.
- Some banks have an early repayment penalty while others offer flexibility to repay lump sums to suit you.
- Most banks need to see a quote for your double glazing before they will approve your finance.